Perfection is immutable. But for things imperfect, change is the way to perfect them.
- Owen Feltham, English Author (1602-1668)
When we’re talking about Hamas starting things up again and firing rockets into Israel, it’s important to remember how Hamas got a hold of Gaza in the first place. If you remember, Israel evacuated Gaza completely on their own, with nothing more than good intentions and a desire for peace. Israel asked for nothing in return.
What was one of the first things the Palestinians did upon being handed Gaza? The resident savages burned and looted $14 million in greenhouses which had been purchased and donated by Jewish charities to help feed the Palestinians.
And in their gesture of goodwill, how was Israel ultimately repaid for handing over Gaza?
They were repaid with Hamas, blindly firing rockets from Gaza into civilian areas of Israel, firing these rockets from populated areas with the sick and twisted intention that their own people would become collateral damage from the Israeli response. That’s how much hate they hold in their hearts – they hate the Jews so much, they actually fire their rockets from mosques and schoolyards, hoping some of their own innocent people will be killed in response so they can send out the video and cry victim to the entire world.
Unfortunately, there are still far too many anti-Semites in the world who are more than willing to ignore who the aggressor is (once again). It’s not enough that Arabs control 99% of the Middle East, that one percent that was given to the Jews is enough to drive the Jew haters into total madness. So consumed are they with hate, that Hamas has become the world’s greatest gluttons for punishment, throwing the first punch, knowing they’ll be hit back twice as hard, and then throwing another punch and another until they’re finally beaten into the ground in response, and yet still, there they are, always struggling to get back to their feet so they can swing wildly again, never satisfied with the beating they’ve already brought upon themselves.
It’s like some kinky fetish they have, because you know that they know the kind of beat down they’re going to get every time they start it up again.
When I think of how ridiculous Hamas looks in all of this, I can’t help but think of a certain scene from a certain movie:
Have you heard about the latest outbreak of outrage and intolerance from the left?
18,000 sign a petition trying to get Metallica booted from the Glastonbury Music Festival because . . . James Hetfield dares to enjoy the outdoors and *gasp* hunting!!!
I wonder how many of those 18,000 little wannabe dictators ate a hamburger in the last month? 16,000 of them? Maybe 17,000?
You think Woody Allen was alone on the left when he said he thought Obama should be granted dictatorial powers? You think Harry Belafonte was alone in saying Obama should act like a third world dictator and throw all his opponents in jail? Nah, they were just saying what most liberals only think to themselves.
Here’s my top ten recent examples of how the true home of Fascism is over on the left:
- For no sin other than living and breathing in America, liberals have given government the power to force each and every citizen to purchase health insurance or face punishment. What’s next, the government mandating all citizens purchase a monthly quota of Brawndo? Obamacare also forces employers to comply with government-mandated birth control coverage over their own religious convictions. That’s classic fascism right there to put the State above people’s religions.
- Health nazi Michael Bloomberg decrees that entrepreneurs in New York City cannot sell whatever size of soda they want to sell in their own establishments. Thankfully, (as the Daily Beast put it) Mayor Bloomberg’s crackdown on large sodas made him a walking advertisement for libertarianism. Sanity prevailed and the measure was struck down.
- Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy dares to speak of his faith-based view on gay marriage. The Gay Gestapo demands a boycott. It backfired big-time and Chick-fil-A saw their sales rise in response to the fascist attack against them.
- Militant gays and their leftist cohorts demand A&E remove the highest rated show on cable television because Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson dared to express his views on homosexuality outside the show. This attempt to stamp out opposing views failed even more miserably than the Chick-fil-A fiasco.
- Paula Deen is publically shamed and humiliated for admitting to using the n-word 26 years ago to describe a bank robber who pointed a gun in her face. Meanwhile, the robber himself feels bad about the public flogging Deen received and rapper Lil’ Wayne just released an album where he says the word 182 times.
- Earth Day continues to be celebrated on the birthday of Communist party creator Vladimir Lenin. From the cap and traders here at home to the global taxers at the UN, radical left-wing environmentalism always remains nothing more than an excuse to control people and force them into collectivist subjugation.
- The FCC recently proposed a program to place government monitors in the newsrooms of TV networks and news and talk-radio stations. Fortunately, the idea of having government agents peering over the shoulders of editors, producers and reporters met with such outrage that the proposal was ultimately shelved (presumably for a later date.)
- Lefties celebrate access to cheap and easy abortions, a eugenics program which thins the herd of minorities and the poor at a level that would make a fascist like Margaret Sanger proud. Liberals still hail this eugenicist as a hero and in March of this year, Democrat Nancy Pelosi proudly accepted an honor from Planned Parenthood in Margaret Sanger’s name.
- In fascist regimes, parents are viewed as nothing more than genetic donors to the children of the State. Today in America, Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, tells us “It Takes a Village” to raise a child. All you are is just another brick in the wall . . .
- A lynch mob suceeds in forcing Mozilla make CEO Brendan Eich step down over the unpardonable sin of having donated $1,000 to California’s Proposition 8. The majority of Californians who voted for Prop. 8 are now left to wonder when the Gay McCarthys might come to their place of work and ask, “Are you or have you ever been a supporter of traditional marriage?”
You know you’ve reached the low point of your presidency when the most loyal of your Democrat loyalists in the Senate calls you out publicly for “totally” breaking the law in failing to give the mandated 30 days notice to Congress in releasing prisoners from Gitmo.
Senator Dianne Feinstein, the chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, spoke of how united Congress was in bipartisan opposition to prisoner swaps:
[Senator Feinstein... ] said leaders of the House and Senate Intelligence panels were almost unanimously against a prisoner trade when it came up in 2011.
She said the chairmen and ranking Republicans of the “connected committees” spent a lot of time in 2011 reviewing the possibility of a prisoner swap and came out firmly opposed to releasing senior militants from the prison camp at Guantanamo Bay.
“There were very strong views and they were virtually unanimous against the trade,” she said.
People complain about partisanship and the gridlock in Congress, yet here you have an issue where members of both parties are “virtually unanimous” in opposition to prisoner trades. Once again the president has declared himself king, breaking the law and making the swap without any regard for the will of Congress. The reaction against Obama’s unilateral action has been overwhelming from both sides of the aisle.
“Given the past briefings and concerns we had addressed, and these were from both committees and the leadership of both committees, the concerns were bipartisan, and I strongly believe that we should have been consulted,” she said. “I think you can see that we’re very dismayed about it,” Feinstein said.
Angry lawmakers cited a law signed by Obama requiring 30-day notice of plans to transfer prisoners from Guantanamo.
So how does the administration respond to the bipartisan outrage?
Oh, it was an oversight the administration tells us!
And then at direct odds with the “it was an oversight” excuse comes an equally ridiculous excuse, that the administration was so worried for the welfare of the deserter that they felt they didn’t have 30 days to spare . . . after five freakin’ years! All of a sudden, they would have you believe that Bergdahl’s life was in so much jeopardy that they couldn’t even give Congress the 30-days notice mandated by law.
As this administration goes careening from one scandal to another to another, just when you think it couldn’t possibly get any worse, it does.
So the local and national news reports were all gushing with glee over their hero Obama having secured the release of American POW, Bowe Berghdal.
The reality, however, is that Bergdahl doesn’t deserve to be called a prisoner of war because he walked away from his post to join the enemy.
Predictably, the left’s response was to scoff at reports of Bergdahl’s desertion and dismiss the news as a bunch of “Fox Noise” from the right-wing.
The truth, however, is that two years ago, Bergdahl was already labeled unequivocally as a deserter in that most leftist of left-wing rags . . .
Three years ago, a 23-year-old soldier walked off his base in Afghanistan and into the hands of the Taliban.
original article from 2012: Rolling Stone
First hand accounts of Bergdahl’s treason continue to come from all corners, like today’s account from CNN’s Jake Tapper:
According to first-hand accounts from soldiers in his platoon, Bergdahl, while on guard duty, shed his weapons and walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera, and a diary. At least six soldiers were killed in subsequent searches for Bergdahl, and many soldiers in his platoon said attacks seemed to increase against the United States in Paktika Province in the days and weeks following his disappearance. Many of Bergdahl’s fellow troops — from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad, to the larger group that comprised the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division — told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl’s disappearance and the efforts to recapture him. Some were willing to dismiss that document in hopes that the truth would come out about a soldier who they now fear is being hailed as a hero, while the men who lost their lives looking for him are ignored.
Finally . . .
These are the six brave soldiers who died searching for the deserter:
These are the five terrorists the Obama administration secured the release of:
So what do you make of the release of five America-hating terrorists in exchange for the release of an American traitor?
That’s what you call a win-win in Obama’s book.
Sometimes, the most patriotic thing a citizen can do is stand up against injustice in their own nation. The very existence of America itself is owed to people who were willing to face the threat of death because the King’s taxes were too damn high.
Though it now seems lost on some, there is nothing more American than questioning the powers that be. Some of you may even be old enough to remember a time when speaking out against a president wouldn’t have you instantly branded a “racist”. That’s right, there was a time when lampooning the president was actually one of America’s favorite pastimes.
One of the most important books in American history, On Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau, discussed how the very act of not standing up against immoral laws makes a citizen an agent of injustice. The book was frequently cited by Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr. as a source of inspiration in their struggles.
The spirit of civil disobedience was alive and burning bright in Rosa Parks when, exhausted from a hard day’s work, she sat firmly planted, refusing to to heed the law and give up her seat and move to the back of the bus.
That spirit of civil disobedience lives today in the millions of Americans who choose not to buy into a government dictating that all the people of the land must purchase health insurance.
And while 99% of the evils of the world are perpetrated by the world’s governments (see 20th Century history if you doubt me on that) every now and then, we need to rise up and practice some civil disobedience against a corporation, too.
The fact that Dodger games are not being broadcast in 70% of the homes here in Southern California is absolutely unacceptable. When there’s no other alternative available, the time has come to use your Internet connection and steal that broadcast and you should feel absolutely no guilt about in doing so. These are, after all, the Dodgers that you and I helped build with hundreds and thousands of dollars out of our pockets for every year of our Dodger-loving lives.
The time has come for all good Dodger fans to rise up against Time Warner Cable and their inability to strike a deal with the broadcast providers for the other 70% of So. Cal.
Of course, Time Warner is going on the offensive, trying to spin the So. Cal. Dodger blackout as somehow being the fault of all the other providers (AT&T U-Verse, Bright House Networks, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, Dish, Verizon FiOS) by launching the #INeedMyDodgers hashtag and website. Thankfully, most people are way too smart to buy into the one provider saying it’s everyone else’s fault though, and it was reassuring to hear the Time Warner people getting heckled as they handed out their free “I Need My Dodgers” hand towels last time we went to the game.
So here we are, we’re now more than a quarter of the way into the season, yesterday, in a Sunday game that would have normally drawn huge ratings, most Dodger fans are only heartbroken over having missed Josh Beckett pitching an historic no hitter and . . . no one’s budging. The providers are completely locked in a Mexican standoff.
source: Devious Theater
So I say, go ahead, grab that streaming broadcast and know that you can grab it with impunity. There should be no sense of urgency on our parts to help TWC out of the mess they made with their $8.35 billion, 25-year investment. The less you care about getting the broadcast through legitimate means, the more pressure you put on TWC to make a deal.
So what’s the sticking point? TWC wants the other providers to make the Dodgers available to ALL subscribers, which would mean Dodger fans and non-Dodger fans alike would see their bills rise by about $5 a month. The other providers say no way. Hey, I want to see my Dodgers as much as anyone, but why should all the people who aren’t Dodger fans be forced to foot the bill?
Allow people to pay for what they want to watch! That’s right, have it your way, what could be more American than that? Most Dodger fans will be more than willing to pony up $10 a month and the non-Dodger fans won’t have to pay a dime. That’s the way it should be. Best of all, if TWC is forced to offer up the Dodgers a la carte, it will mark a landmark shift towards the day when we only have to pay for the channels we want to pay for.
(Hey MSNBC, it’s Air America calling . . . time to set a lunch date at the ash heap of history.)
P.S. I’ve heard you should try googling “streaming baseball” or “first row” which a lot of the streaming sites have in their names. A friend of mine also says strikeout.co is a good source, but whatever you do ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY DO NOT INSTALL ANY OF THE SOFTWARE THESE SITES TRY TO GET YOU TO INSTALL. Yes, it is a shady part of the Internet, but the less you stress about getting the broadcast by legitimate means, the more pressure you put on TWC to offer it a la carte.