A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.
- Goethe, German Poet, Dramatist, Novelist, and Scientist (1749-1832)
This is the fourth in a series of what I like to call my ghost posts, a series of posts I wrote in a frenetic outburst the day before going into rehab. I’m timing this ghost post to go live a week from my going into the program, so for this post, what I’d like to do is channel all my psychic powers and visit myself, a week into the future and see how I’m doing today when this post goes live.
- They feed you really good here, the breakfasts are the best, but do we really have to watch The 700 Club every single morning here??? (Just a guess, but I can imagine there might be TBN on the tube 24/7 over there.)
- It’s pretty mellow folding the incoming donations of clothes all day long, although sometimes you get a batch of clothes, and just by the style and the smell and the feel of them, you can just tell some widow just cleaned out the closet of her recently deceased husband . . . and it’s kinda sad.
- I’ve been in here a week now, which means not only am I ten days free of alcohol, but I’m also seven days free of cigarettes and Internet porn.
- When you only have $5 a week for spending money, you have to really prioritize, but when I saw that bowling shirt with the hot rod flames come in the store, I knew I’d have no problem spending half my paycheck on it.
- My friends warned me about drinking the “holy water kool-aid” while I’m in here. Can’t say I’m a true believer just yet, but I do love Jesus and I have a feeling I’ll be a Certified Bible Expert by the time I’m out of here.
It will be interesting to see how reality stacks up when I’m a week in and comparing notes . . .