No one reaches a high position without daring.
- Publilius Syrus, Syrian-Born Roman Writer of Aphorisms (fl. B.C. 42)
Back when Ferguson was going up in flames, I asked a simple question: Why did Governor Nixon let Ferguson burn? To recap:
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon had the National Guard mobilized a week in advance, yet that fatal night when the grand jury’s decision was read, the Guard was nowhere to be found.
As Ferguson Mayor James Knowles saw his city burning to the ground, he was desperately trying to reach the Governor or anyone else in State Government to plead with them to bring in the Guard. Not even a single call was answered. Mayor Knowles called it a “complete abdication of responsibility by Governor Nixon.”
Now in that case, the mayor slithered his way out of being held to account for his abdication of duty because no one knew if it was gross negligence or if he was acting as a silent accomplice, but this time, we have yet another Democrat in the mayor of Baltimore, just plain stupid enough to admit in front of all the world that she was willing to give the rioters sections of the city to burn and loot and rampage at will.
We also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.
I have four points to make.
- Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, all three of them changed the world and the one thing they had in common was a true belief in the power of peaceful protest. When people were protesting peacefully in places like Selma, Alabama and the vast majority of law-abiding citizens at home saw video of those peaceful protesters on the one side and the firehoses and snarling dogs on leashes on the other side, anyone with a heart was rooting for the peaceful protesters. Guess what? You just put the majority on your side.
- Barack Obama should return his Nobel Prize. As the first black president, Barack Obama had a unique opportunity to change race relations but instead, alongside his buddie Al Sharpton and Eric Holder, he’s done more to widen the racial divide than anything. Would it really be that hard for the president to say, yes, black lives matter and innocent black people killed by the police are tragedies, each and every one of them, but maybe we, as the black community, should also focus on the fact that 93% of our own people are killed at the hands of our own people?
- When Governor Nixon failed to send in the guard, when Mayor Rawlings-Blake green-lighted sections of her own city to be burned and looted, they weren’t helping spotlight the innocence of alleged black victims of police shootings, what they really were doing is making all the people outside of Baltimore say, we need more guns and more police to make sure the hooligans are kept at bay from where we live.
- When you make a conscious decision to give the rioters free reign to burn and loot and let them destroy all that’s best and good about your communities, what you’re really doing is you’re telling the corporations that brought jobs into the community, maybe you should think twice about ever coming back. When you come right out and say, we’re going to give you some space to destroy things, what you’re really doing is stomping on the hearts of hard working local entrepreneurs who had a dream to build a business and built it, and brought jobs to the community. You are sending hard-working citizens who actually want to make an honest living straight to the unemployment line. You’re encouraging people to “express themselves” by smashing windows and fire bombing the cars of people who had nothing to do with any of this. Oh yeah, don’t worry you might say, insurance will take care of it. Guess who is the first person to fall behind or get dropped by their insurance companies? The poor. And for the people who actually were shelling out the money to pay for their insurance premiums, if you’re still living somewhere in the adjacent zip codes, guess how much your premiums are going to be going through the roof?
When we were watching the L.A. riots in 1992, my dad said something that will always stick with me: “You don’t shit in your own tent.” Nothing says stupid like trying to make a point by burning down your own neighborhood.
Click here to subscribe and never miss out!
Absolutely amazing photo from Barack Obama’s tumblr account reposted at freebeacon.com . . . Seems only whites have chosen to apply (or only whites need to apply, one or the other) to Obama’s “Army” in his hometown of Chicago:
A photo of Obama’s “army” originally posted on the campaign’s Tumblr site and run in conjunction with a BuzzFeed story on the Obama campaign reveals a stunning lack of diversity among the president’s Chicago staff.
The revelation is potentially embarrassing for the first African-American president and the party he leads.
The apparent lack of racial diversity at the Obama campaign headquarters comes at a time when the national black unemployment rate is nearly double the rate for whites.
Read more at: freebeacon.com
It’s the whitest place you’ve ever seen! It reminds me of the first twelve or thirteen years of MSNBC, before they got Bashir and Sharpton, and that entire station was nothing but white on top of white. From what I’ve heard, we’re not just talking about an all white club in front of the camera, but through all that time at MSNBC, it was whites only everywhere from the folks behind the cameras to the suits in management.
Why is it that so many times, these liberal institutions who surely consider themselves as paragons of tolerance and diversity are made up of nothing but white liberal activists with a few white liberal radicals thrown in?
Yeah, for about a dozen years, MSNBC was that white.
Click here to subscribe and never miss out!
There’s no shortage of race-obsessed liberals high fivin’ and doing a little touchdown dance in their homes tody as we find out that Herman Cain no longer is willing to subject himself to the sleaze and character assassination that’s been hurled at him from the moment he became the Republican frontrunner for the nomination.
Twenty years later, and the media is still as intolerant and bigoted towards a conservative black man as they were when they tried to torpedo the confirmation of the second black justice to the United States Supreme Court.
Justice Thomas said it this way:
This is a circus. It is a national disgrace. It’s is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves and it is a message that unless you kowtow to an old order you will be lynched, destroyed, caricatured rather than hung from a tree.
So sad that so many believe there is only one way for blacks to think and vote and if a black person dares to break from the lockstep, they will be targets of ugly racial slurs, many of which come straight from their own people, calling the black conservative “race traitors” or “illegit” or a “sellout” or an “Uncle Tom”.
Check out this ugly piece of hate:
— T (@truthrose1) December 3, 2011
It’s the same kind of mentally diseased logic we saw Janeane Garofalo spewing on MSNBC: they are so race obsessed they can actually believe things like if an African-American candidate is not doing well among Republicans, it’s evidence of racism, and then just one month later, here comes Herman Cain as the front runner, and somehow, that’s even more evidence of racism! There is something truly wrong with how some of these people’s brains work, everything boils down to race for them, like when Chris Matthews was astounded he actually forgot Obama was black for an entire hour during one of his speeches. It seems even two years after becoming president, Matthews would just watch Obama speak and marvel at how black Obama was the entire time. Look at his blackness, he’s just so . . . black!
Some of the worst of what we saw was the black on black crime perpetrated against Hermain Cain, fellow blacks despising another black man of great accomplishment for no reason than the fact they don’t see eye to eye on politics:
Cornell West, professor at Princeton:
I think he needs to get off the symbolic crack pipe.
Rev. Al Sharpton:
So I would assume he is either socially ignorant or playing games to get votes.
Harry Belafonte, has been singer of a one-hit wonder from the 50s.
It is very hard to comment on someone who is so denied intelligence.
Yes, because if it’s a contest of intelligence, I’ll take the singer of the novelty song “Day O” over the brains of a Herman Cain who accomplished all this in his life:
* Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
* Master’s degree in Computer Science.
* Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics (making him a rocket scientist).
* Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola.
* VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the top of the ladder in the computer world, being in charge of information systems for a major corporation).
***All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!
* Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury’s 400 Burger King restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company’s poorest performers in the country. Spent the first nine months learning the business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning toilets. After three years he had turned them into the company’s best performers.
* Godfather’s Pizza CEO. Was asked by Pillsbury to take charge of their Godfather’s Pizza chain (which was on the verge of bankruptcy). He made it profitable in 14 months.
* In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather’s Pizza chain from Pillsbury. He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top of the ladder of another industry.
* He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association during this time. This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the non-politician side.
***Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!
* Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses.
* Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that impact the monetary system.
***After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for a fourth time!
* Writer and public speaker. He then started to write and speak on leadership. His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self, Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You’re Stupid.
* Radio Host. Around 2007—after a remarkable 40 year career—he started hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the largest talk radio station in the country).
***He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur and his mother was a maid).
When you add up his accomplishments in his life—including reaching the top of three unrelated industries: information systems, business management, and banking—how much of an ignorant asshole does Harry Belafonte have to be to say that a man such as Herman Cain, with a resume such is that, is somehow a man of “denied intelligence”?
All Americans, whites, browns and blacks especially should take pride in the accomplishments of this great man. As bad as it was to see the way the MSM cheerleaded so hard for the community organizer because of how he fits their stereotype of how blacks should think and vote, it is an absolute travesty, it is the death of journalism right before our eyes to see the very same media work so hard to destroy a man of great accomplishment because he dare to be *gasp* a conservative black man.
Herman Cain bio: http://www.israpundit.com/archives/40345
quote sources: “High-Tech Lynching” video