Envy ought to have no place allowed it in the heart of man; for the goods of this present world are so vile and low that they are beneath it; and those of the future world are so vast and exalted that they are above it.
- Colton, English Sportsman and Writer (1780-1832)
Posts Tagged ‘free health care’
* Reason #1: Liberal pundits and the Obama State Media have now been robbed of their pre-prepared talking point about those evil five conservatives justices having ruled against the noble four non-partisan justices.
* Reason #2: Lib pundits and the OSM look like idiots for running that whole “cynical politicized decision” narrative pre-emptively, before the decision was even made!
* Reason #3: Liberals lose a “Bring Back Free Health Care” rallying cry for the troops in November. (And yes, when they say “free health care,” they really do visualize something along the lines of money growing on trees.)
* Reason #4: Spoken well by @TIMENOUT:
This is now a tax it’s not an individual mandate. I don’t think this works out well for Obama he wanted a individual mandate NOT A TAX
source: @TIMENOUT on Twitter
By saying the mandate was constitutional, not via the commerce cause, but by correctly identifying the mandate as a tax, Obamacare is now officially branded the largest tax increase in US history.
* Reason #5: Obama now looks like the sleazy, lying politician he is for having denied that Obamacare is a tax increase from the beginning and unless Obama wants to disagree with the ruling and how the court reached it, he’s either forced to finally admit that Obamacare is indeed a tax increase or he will end up looking like even more of a sleazeball by continuing to try to deny it.
* Reason #6: As a candidate, Obama told America this: “I can make a firm pledge – under my plan, no family making less that $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase.” If Obama wants to accept the verdict, he must also admit to yet another broken promise here, with the bi-partisan Congressional Budget Office projecting that Obamacare taxes may amount to $1.7 trillion (that’s trillion with a “t”) over a decade.
* Reason #7: We are reminded once again how Barack Obama mocked Hillary’s support of a mandate during the primaries, only to suddenly embrace the mandate after signing Obamacare into law.
* Reason #8: A tweet from Pineapple Candidate says it well.
The #ObamaTAX can B repealed as part of a budget b/c IT IS A TAX. Budgets R immune from Senate filibuster. Simple Majority will repeal.
— Benghazi Pineapple (@2012Pineapple) June 28, 2012
That’s right, the bar for dismantling Obamacare in the Senate was just lowered from 60 to 51.
* Reason #9: The albatross of Obamacare hangs even heavier around the neck of Barack Obama as the large majority of Americans who disapprove of Obamacare continue to be reminded how much they dislike this government takeover of health care.
* Reason #10: Nothing could have rallied Conservatives any more than this decision. Conservatives have more motivation now than ever to show up and vote in November and finally put and end to the long national nightmare of the Obama years.
Just finished donating money to mitt romney. My first political donation EVER!!
— Brian Skinner (@Rushlimbang) June 28, 2012