- Bass Videos (3)
- Books and Movies (15)
- Food for Thought (14)
- Funny (25)
- Gallery (3)
- Life (47)
- Lunacy (15)
- Lyrics & Music (29)
- Music Appreciation (4)
- News (122)
- Passages (11)
- Programs (1)
- Quotes (2)
- Rants (98)
- Shout Outs (3)
- Signs of the Times (26)
- Sketches (2)
- Software (1)
- Sports (13)
- Uncategorized (3)
- My Article Read (6-17-2013) | My Daily Musing on Hollywood Turning on Obama
- Anonymous on Suspended by Twitter for a FOLLOWER Crying Over “Vulgar” Tweet
- Mike Cornelison on Germany Voted Most Popular Country in the World
- Anonymous on Germany Voted Most Popular Country in the World
- Mike C. on Hollywood Turning on Obama
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- July 2009
- July 2006
- September 2005
- December 1999
Team of Rivals
Doris Kearns Goodwin
Posts Tagged ‘socialists’
10. The Nazi party stood for the party of “National Socialists”. How many pro-socialist Tea Partiers have you ran into in your life?
9. Liberal professors and historians have long tried to draw similarities between the uber-nationalism of the Nazis and the right-wing patriotism in America. While it’s true that there is a whole lot of flag-waving among the right in America, and flag-burning here is almost exclusively a left-wing thing, it’s ridiculous to try to cast the Nazi’s as being “right-wing” simply because of their rampant patriotism when you consider the fact that nothing says crazy nationalism like the lefties and their state-organized Communist shindigs:
8. Hitler forced nationalized health care upon his nation. So did Obama and the Democrat-controlled Congress. Like a pod with three peas, they’re Lefties, all three.
7. Speaking of peas, do you have any doubt in your mind that the Vegan vote for Obama wasn’t somewhere close to 9 out of 10? Vegetarians are one of the most left-wing groups of people you’ll ever meet. Hitler was a vegetarian too, you know.
6. To quote Claude Sandroff: “Crony capitalism is the most putrid kind of partnership between industry and government and it was most famously and successfully championed by the regimes of fascist Italy and Nazi Germany long ago.” Just like those left-wing fascists before him, Obama has also used more taxpayer dollars than any president in history in trying to pick the winners and the losers. Unfortunately, Obama mainly has a knack for picking the losers.
5. If Obama had the dictatorial powers he dreams of, our American government would be in control of every aspect of our economy, just like the left-wing fascists of Germany and Italy were.
4. Many lefties in America believe that in the name of the common good, the best type of citizenry is an unarmed citizenry, just like their fascist gun grabbing brethren in Nazi Germany.
3. Having ABC-NBC-CBS-PBS-NPR-CNN-MSNBC running non-stop state propaganda still isn’t enough for Obama and many of his liberal supporters. On a daily basis you’ll hear their collective outrage that one questioning voice is still allowed to exist over at Fox News! The left-wing fascists of Italy and Germany were also hellbent on crushing all voices of opposition.
2. Just like the Nazis, every dictatorship that still exists today is left-wing and socialist. Just as surely as Woody Allen argued with a straight face that Obama should be granted dictatorial powers and Harry Belafonte argued Obama should “work like a third world dictator” and put all the Republicans in jail, most liberals, whether they admit it out loud or not, are little tyrants at heart who believe in a ruling class that knows what’s best for you better than you do for yourself. I’m convinced that most of the liberal professors teaching Plato’s Republic still believe in their heart of hearts that Plato’s Utopian dream could still actually exist in the real world, despite the fact that every single time, even on the occasions when dictatorships have tried to follow Plato’s example and place all the smartest and benevolent people in all the right positions, the all-powerful government has always ended in death and misery for everyone outside of the ruling elite.
1. Hitler loved dogs. Obama loves dogs too, although he says he found the meat a little tough.
In the early 1970’s, Denis Healey, a member of the Labour Party and then-Shadow Chancellor of Great Britain, warned that there would be “howls of anguish from those rich enough to pay over 75% on their last slice of earnings.
The idea of wealth re-distribution sounded great to those in need of it, but they never did receive as much as they could have. For the rest of that decade and on into the 1980s, the list of musicians who left Britain for tax reasons included Ringo Starr, David Bowie, the Rolling Stones, Freddie Mercury, Pink Floyd, Sting, Phil Collins, Ozzy Osbourne, Cat Stevens, Ray Davies, and Bad Company.
source: wolfgang’s vault
Imagine the embarrassment and humiliation for the entire citizenry of Great Britain to see their greatest ambassadors of art and culture fleeing their homeland as a resonse to the incredibly oppressive taxations levied upon those very same people who had brought so much goodwill and prosperity to Mother England.
How’d that work out for you pandering politicians looking to stick it to your 1%? Seems your one-percenters fled en masse, didn’t they?
After that disaster, Britain finally got wise, taxes dropped under Thatcher and the economy boomed.
Well, across the channel just recently, French voters responded to their gruesome economy by voting in another Socialist regime. Never underestimate the ability of politicians and the ignorant citizenry who vote them in to fail to learn the lessons of history . . .
France: Ready to jump ship
Growing anxiety at moves to raise taxes on the rich reflects divisions over the Socialists’ response to the crisis
Roger, a senior expatriate executive working for an international company in Paris, is thinking seriously of taking a walk down David Cameron’s “red carpet”. The UK prime minister last month riled France’s new Socialist government when he declared he would lay on a five-star welcome for anyone moving to London to avoid the tax regime promised by President François Hollande – including his election pledge of a 75 per cent marginal rate on incomes above €1m a year.
“I’m very happy in Paris. My wife and I love Paris. We came here by choice. But I’m reconsidering our situation given the changes in the pipeline,” says Roger, who declined to be identified by his real name.
More than the 75 per cent rate, it is a move to higher wealth and inheritance taxes that worries him – and what he perceives as a cultural hostility to the rich. “The anti-wealth rhetoric is just not encouraging. I’d rather be in a country where I don’t have to deal with that,” he says.
It is not just expatriates who are concerned. Henri de Castries, head of Axa, the insurer, is one of France’s most respected business leaders. “I’ve listened to Mr Hollande. He wants to see more growth and lower unemployment. He wants to see business prospering. We want to see that, too,” he says. “The question is how to achieve these goals? There is no example, in modern economic history, of a country that has succeeded in reducing its deficits by bringing taxes to a confiscatory level. On the contrary, it leads to a decline in activity, and an increase in the deficits.”
source: Financial Times
So it looks like in their infinite wisdom, the French voters have chosen to double-down on the socialist policies that got their economy in the dismal state in which it’s found itself. Brings to mind that well-known and oft-repeated definition of insanity.
Here in America, the top 10% of Americans pay over 70% of Federal taxes, but no increasing amount of that share will ever amount to a “fair share” for the politicians who base their entire political careers on pitting one social class against another. May God have mercy on America if American voters decide to do the exact same thing expecting different results in re-electing the economic disaster that has been Barack Obama, because there is a metaphorical place called Galt’s Gulch, and all the politicians who base their careers on demonizing the rich may one day wake up to find out what America could become when all the wealth generators and job creators relocate to a new land of opportunity outside of this new America where success and prosperity are not viewed as the objects of scorn and envy.
source: Who Is John Galt t-shirt $23.95
source: Going Galt t-shirt for $30.95
A Virginia middle school teacher recently forced his students to support President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign by conducting opposition research in class against the Republican presidential candidates.
The 8th grade students, who attend Liberty Middle School in Fairfax County, were required to seek out the vulnerabilities of Republican presidential hopefuls and forward them to the Obama campaign.
source: The Daily Caller
Whatever your political persuasion, if you’re completely honest with yourself, just admit it – this kind of thing would only happen in the hands of a left-wing teacher.
From the Communists who took over Russia in 1918 to the Socialists who trampled the German Democracy in the 30s, through all the horrors of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao to every single totalitarian state that exists on the face of the earth today, they’re all Commies, Socialists and left-wingers who believe in an all-powerful government because they think they know what’s best for you better than you do. So is it any wonder that every time we hear of the indoctrination of young children made to sing anthems dedicated to Dear Leader, a parent striking their child for not paying close enough attention to Dear Leader speaking or a teacher turning his class into a sleazy slandering propaganda machine, that it’s always, always, always coming from a liberal?
Do not try to think for yourself.
We know what’s best for you better than you do.
The Occupy Movement talks a lot about the 1% and the 99%, but the fact is, they’re targeting the wrong 1%.
Most of OWS puts the blame on Capitalism itself, the “banksters” and those greedy CEOs out to make ungodly amounts of money. You’ll find many Occupiers speaking about corporations putting “profits over people”, apparently oblivious to the fact that a large majority of the 99-percent are deeply invested in the stock market, either directly or through retirement accounts & mutual funds and the success of the investments of the 99% requires those greedy CEOs and board members to focus on company profits as their number one responsibility to the shareholders.
For all the Commies and Socialists coming out of the woodwork at these protests, blaming Capitalism is a joke. You want to talk income disparity, just look at the disparity between Capitalist countries and everything else that’s been tried on the face of the Earth. (Fun fact for the day: the poorest 5% of Americans are richer than nearly 70% of other people in the world.)
It also doesn’t make any sense to blame a banker or a business person for taking the bailouts or loopholes that were there for the taking any more than you would blame a regular tax payer of the 99% variety for trying to make use of all the tax breaks and deductions available to them.
We can’t even blame bankers or business people for lobbying the politicians, because you know that you and I both would do some lobbying in our own self-interests if we had the means to do it as well. (And ask yourself, did it ever stop a state union from lobbying hard for bigger pensions and better benefits every year even when it’s obvious that it’s more than the tax base can afford, that the pensions and benefits are bringing about levels of spending that are unsustainable and that they’re pushing the entire state into bankruptcy?)
There’s only one target OWS should be focusing their anger on and that’s the 1% in Congress and the White House, the 1% who make the rules, the 1% who dole out billions of dollars in stimulus funds to their biggest campaign donors, the 1% who have created an entire system where even an honest person could get elected, go to Washington and in only a of couple years probably find themselves corrupted to the point of selling out their ideals and whoring out their votes just like everyone else in D.C.
Businesses and business leaders making more money than you and I can possibly comprehend are not the problem, because no one from Apple is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy that latest version of the iPhone.
You want change? Stop wasting your time hating the rich and march against the government which makes the rules, or even better, stop justifying shantytown takeovers of public places by imagining you’re making a difference carrying signs around for an hour or two and instead, start talking about specific laws that need to be changed, ways in which the political system needs to be reformed and the kind of candidates we need to find to replace the current ruling elites in Congress and the White House.