The miser is as much in want of what he has as of what he has not.
- Publilius Syrus, Syrian-Born Roman Writer of Aphorisms (fl. B.C. 42)
Let’s review a little history of government shutdowns, because none of this was mentioned anywhere across the Obama State Media:
- During the Ford presidency, a Democrat-controlled Congress started the history of government shutdowns with a 10 day shutdown from Sept. 30 to Oct. 11, 1976
- The Democrat-controlled Congress shutdown the government during the Carter presidency FIVE TIMES.
- Congress shutdown the government EIGHT TIMES under President Reagan, the first six under split houses, the last two with . . . you guessed it, a Democrat-controlled Congress.
- Democrats shut down the government once again during George H.W. Bush’s presidency.
- Then came the two previously most recent shutdowns in Clinton vs. Gingrich I and II.
For those of you not keeping count, that’s seventeen government shutdowns since 1976.
But then something interesting happened on the eighteenth government shutdown . . .
It happened during Obama’s presidency and suddenly, for the first time in 18 shutdowns, we were told OH MY GOD, IT’S RACISM!
Obama zombies like Robert Redford speaking on CNN, Chris Noth appearing on MSNBC, Joyce Jones of BET, Roger Simon of Politico, Zack Beauchamp of Think Progress and Salon’s Joan Walsh (just to name a few) these people can’t resist pulling the race card any more than the lab rat can resist a cocaine pill: